12 July 2008

The Crush

Alice's, Portobello Road
Alice's, Portobello Rd

Dear London,

There is no other way to say it: You need to be bigger.

We have lived in your quarter-of-a-house-with-very-small-kitchen for more than a year now and I am gradually going mad trying to force more and more stuff into your tiny little oddly-shaped nooks and crannies. The kitchen is bulging! The bedroom drawers will not shut! The windows are just not big enough!

Also, your tube needs to expand. Its belly is bursting with people and I am tired of smelly men who take up all the elbow room.

And while I'm at it - I do not know about the toilets in all your cheapish restaurants. What is it about there being barely enough room to stand up in them?

Luckily Lauch and I are going to escape your crush, London. We are going away in two more weeks, on a train journey around Europe. Onwards to the squish of train carriages, backpacks and hotels. Maybe when I return you will have become mysteriously bigger.

Love,
Lexonline

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't like to bet on your chances of things getting bigger there but I will let you know when we return from Kakadu whether or not we have found somewhere with more space!!!! Also when we were down in the southwest there seemed to be an awful lot of vacant area there!!! I thought I was the only person who got claustrophobic!!! Have fun in Europe. JillandShim