28 September 2007

Take Courage

Take Courage
Taken out of a train window, South East London

I see this building every time I take the train to my Uncle's. I loved it for five months, thinking it was a British war slogan. Every time I passed it, I would take courage and perk up a little bit, thinking of all the brave people in the war.

When he was visiting in August, my dad said "You know where the sign comes from, don't you?"
"It's a British war slogan, isn't it?"
"There used to be a kind of beer called Courage," he said.

It's a beer ad! When I went to Amsterdam, I saw an ad for Courage beer, so now I know for sure. I still think it's a great sign. It still makes me feel courageous, but now it also makes me think of beer.

1 comment:

S'mee said...

After reading aloud this post to 26 year old offspring home for the weekend, she replied: "Well, I suppose there is something to it. Many find courage in the empty end of a stein."