7 April 2009

In Progress: Portraits

Watercolour Painting Noa Noa Catalogue Spring 2009
My painting; Noa Noa catalogue

I'm interested in painting faces at the moment, as well as mucking around with how to use the watercolour paints. I like the layers you can get with the watercolours and sectioning parts off into different pieces of colour.

Watercolour Painting
From Lucian Freud's painting of Francis Bacon

The one above is my favourite.

I'm actually looking for some photographs to paint from... I'm after photos where the faces aren't too white, where there are some good sections of light and shadow. I would love it if you would email/send me a photo for me to paint. My painting probably won't look much like you but it will look interesting!

2 comments:

Toni M Photography said...

I'll see what I can find! Love this new painting style.... Will e-mail soon ;)

Lex said...

Awesome, can't wait!