16 September 2008

Holiday from Online

River Mouth

I'm going to take a little break from blogging. Because of a combination of being lost for words and wanting to spend a bit more time offline.
Love,
Lexonline

Edited to add:

I probably could have explained a bit better.

I was talking to a friend the other day about how she doesn't carry a camera because she believes it comes between her and the experience of whatever she's doing. I've been feeling lately that I want to experience things more and think about them less - just soak up the experience of being here before it is time to move on. I'm doing a screen printing course, have become a member of the Tate gallery, have been painting a lot, the new teaching job is keeping me busy and there are, like, a million things to do in London.

So. For a while I will be out there doing stuff and not writing about it. But I will still be taking the odd photo because I love photos and I think often they capture experiences in ways that we are only able to see after time has passed.

Forever is composed of nows.
- Emily Dickinson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There. I will miss your blog entries. I wonder why you are lost for words. Is it because you are not getting any responses? Or are you too busy? Has life in England become too uninspiring?
I hope you can finish some of your art works. I like them!!

Anonymous said...

You are always missed when you are offline. Have a nice break and I look forward to reading some more of your lovely writing and seeing some more of your great pictures when you return. jillandshim

Ken said...

I remember starting my old blog back in Tassie and reading Lex' Thai Adventures. It inspired me to post during the brief time I was an active blogger.

That got me hooked on the idea of visiting Thailand and its likely we wouldn't have gone there if it wasn't for that. Scary to think!

I kind of regret not keeping it up now because my photos are a good record but something like that piece you wrote on Venice just goes beyond what can be conveyed in photos.

I think I know what you mean though about seeing your whole experience through the other side of the camera and not just soaking it up. After so much prolific blogging I'm not surprised you need a break.

But when you start posting again, Karina and I will be tuning in :)

Anonymous said...

Are you ever coming back to the land of blog?

Lex said...

Maybe one day! How about you Miss Josie?

Toni M Photography said...

Miss you!