19 December 2007

Wishlist


Holly Berries, taken by Lauren Weinhold

Dear Santa,
This Christmas I am giving you the day off.
I don't need any presents.
But I kind of just a tiny bit wish I had:

A day of lying in bright sunshine, so bright I can see it through my closed eyelids
Some iittala cups
that brown leather couch I saw on High Marylebone St.

I'd like to go home for a day and
I'd like one of those fruitcakes my mum makes, all to myself
A lazy afternoon spent in a quiet coffee shop reading and drinking tea and then I'd like to walk around sunny streets and run into people that I know.

It would be quite nice if I could have a new lens for my camera - a sharper, faster one that could have a wider range of apertures
and a summer.

Santa, I haven't been entirely good this year
there have been too many crisps
and times that I have frowned a lot at Lauchlin when really it was not his fault that it has rained so much and been so very dark.

But I have tried hard and surely there are points for trying.
Have a warm and happy Christmas.
Love,
Lex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lex - I am sure you have made a lot of people happy this year and I know that your teaching skills have been appreciated by a lot of parents and little folk alike. Your artwork and photographs have brought joy to many and I know you have been great company for Lauch....after all he would be very lonely I am sure if he was on that side of the world alone. There are some things I may not be able to grant you immediately but there will be variations on many of the things you have wished for and by June many of the others will arrive. These variations are brought about by you being on the opposite side of the world to the one you are usually on. I am sure you will find beauty and joy in the excitement of a snowy Christmas and who knows, sunshine on snow is magic. Wishing you all the best for the festive season.....Santa