3 December 2007

Hammersmith

The Dove, Hammersmith
The Dove, Officially London's Smallest Pub, Hammersmith.

When I opened the curtains this morning the first thing I saw was the flash of blue sky. The sun was out, for what felt like the first time in about a month. I had to get outside.

I took myself down to Hammersmith, walking underneath blue sky and then rain and then blue sky. The wind scattered raindrops across the river.

Houseboat on Thames, Hammersmith Building, Hammersmith
Houseboat on the Thames; Building with Flag, Hammersmith.

I meant to walk around and explore Hammersmith but by the time I got to the river it was 3 o'clock, the sun was setting like a Turner painting and I had to go home.

1 comment:

Jennifer/The Word Cellar said...

Oh those short English winter days can be so cruel. But at least it stays light until after 10:00 in the summer!