18 September 2007

Half-Said

In all the distance, it seems that there's a lot sometimes that doesn't get said. You know, all the half-conversations you have when you see someone all the time. Hi, how are you. And how is that argument going with so and so? And are you still in love with him? How's that all going?
So maybe this could be a post full of nothing but the half-conversations. A half-conversation posted into the black hole that is the internet.

Hi. How's that argument going with so and so? And are you still in love with him? I went to a job interview today. Had all the nervous stuff going, was freaking out because there were supposed to be delays on the bus route and it was all taking so LONG but then of course there I was, fifteen minutes early, plenty of time to then worry about the ten minutes of teaching I had to do. Seriously. Who shakes during interviews? After having, like, six of them this year? Yes. I know. I do.

I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for lunch. She is a fabulous South African girl I met when I was a very glamorous Data Entry Clerk a few weeks ago.
And last week, I was something similar working for a very cool sunglasses company. On Friday we got a shipment of the new Bvlgari sunglasses - 2008 models, you realise - and I got the job of unpacking them. I got caught trying them on and was a bit embarrassed. Tried to be all professional after that.

Anyway I have to go. Lauch has just got home from the Netherlands.
See you tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lex

Your words drip like fine wine from the blog. The pictures, elegant and gorgeous, delight in their clarity and genius. Please write travel books; I will buy everyone. You make day-to-day things seem exceptional because they are. You awaken core feelings. What a talented gal you are. Unc G

Anonymous said...

Uncle G - You hit the nail right on the head. I love reading the blogs and they are like a radio or television serial that I crave if I miss an episode......except they are in fact a lot better. Lex - looking forward to hearing how the interview went and don't worry about trying on the sunglasses....we all do it. Looking forwrd to seeing some Netherlandic photos up on the blog. Jill

Anonymous said...

Hey lex,
I still shake and my hands go cold after interviews.
I am on the hunt for a job. My partner has just lost his job. The company is going under. I know your man isIT savy... so is mine. B.Bus and B.IT.. we are thinking about UK. How hard was it for both of you to get a job? Can you email me please.. josephinefischer@gmail.com
Love Josie