23 September 2007

The Big Swimmer

I went to Borough Market this morning, ostensibly to get myself something tasty for lunch but honestly to distract myself from Starting-A-New-Job-Nerves. After scoffing some great food, I was walking along the Thames - which I think is the most beautiful part of London - when I stumbled across The Big Swimmer.

Big Swimmer

What is this guy doing here? Is it something to do with Lewis Pugh's swim up the entire (dirty and polluted!) length of the Thames in order to raise awareness of global warming?

Big Swimmer The Big Swimmer

Nothing so noble. This very excellent swimmer is an ad for the TV show London Ink. Maybe you've seen the American version, Miami Ink? It's basically a tv show about a tattoo parlour and all the people who get tattoos. You can see the ad on the big swimmer's shoulder - in the form of a tattoo. You've got to admire the advertising people who came up with this one.

No comments: