18 April 2007

The West End


I took this photo for you, E-Who-Loves-Dr-Who. In my non-educated way I thought I would post a picture of a London phone booth the Doctor goes into. Err... later to be informed by L that Dr Who actually goes into some other kind of cubicle. Oops. Still, I love the red phone booths as much as I love the red double decker buses. There's something cool about the fact that these things you hear about, cobblestone streets, red phone booths and buses, actually exist.


Among other things that really exist - I found this funky theatre near Leicester Square. Love the disco-man stance of the statue!


And things that I didn't know existed - there are quite a few of these guys around, holding up signs for various shows and performances. I guess they must be the theatre equivalent of wobble-board pizza advertisers. Can't wait to actually go and see a musical. I'm open to recommendations...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi lex its great to see all the sites!!!trey is very jealous to know your in the land of dr who hope all is fine and dandy
cheers kathryn

Han said...

i would recommend "Les Miserable" and "Miss Saigon"...i grew up listening to the original west end recording of les mis on vinyl so seeing it was one of the biggest thrills of my life! i saw both these at Covent Garden. Would love to see Mamma Mia, Wicked, Spamalot and Chicago!

Han said...

oh and if you go during the week and get door sales it can be heaps cheaper!