1 April 2007

Cobblestones & Cathedrals

I've been in London for a whole week now! Feeling confident that I can find my way home, I got myself a variety of maps of London and decided to see somewhere famous. The page fell open at St Paul's Cathedral.

I wandered around the nearby streets, looking for pretty English-type buildings. There were three ice-cream vans in one street and lots of people eating icecreams.

I found this weird-looking bridge for pedestrians only, with a sign saying it was the Milennium Bridge. Just then, a marching band came over the bridge, winding around the tourists. Except that they had no uniforms, there were just ten guys in a line.


A nearby busker laughed as the marching band passed and then he went back to playing Augie March's 'Four Seasons in One Day.'
I crossed the bridge. It led to the Tate Modern art gallery. I looked at some Dali paintings and this and some other cool work by Cindy Sherman.

I wandered cobblestone streets and found the Golden Hinde, a replica of Sir Francis Drake's ship that circumnavigated the world. After checking out the Tower Bridge, I disappeared into the maze of the Underground to find my way home.

No comments: