26 August 2009

Sea-Dog (Salty)

I didn't want to say anything... but I've been worried about Lauchlin lately. The longer we stay on the sea, the more his personality seems to change.
At first I thought it was just me. But then I noticed other people looking at him slightly strangely too. It began with a tendency to call people 'Matey.' Then exotic talking birds started to flock around him, sometimes landing and perching on his shoulder. His usual bushwalker's gait turned into more of a swagger. And even for an Australian, his language became saltier than usual.

Finally, today I saw it. The gleam of gold and adventure in his eye.

Now I know what it is.

He's turned into a pirate.

I always knew that beard was up to no good.

Salty Sea Dog
Arrrrrrrrgh, me hearties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG .....Maybe it is genetic.....just watch out for the wooden leg....mmmm......yes.....truly genetic

Anonymous said...

ROLF, I am so laughing hard right now. Thanks for making my rather shitty day a great one! see you in a few months?!

*hugs* Toni

Lex said...

Cheers Toni! Look forward to catching up :)
Lex