2 July 2009

Headlines

Headlines, Sunday

These were the headlines on Sunday. According to the Evening Standard, anyway. I love how sensationalist they are. Seriously, it's like they've predicted the end of the world already, several times this year.

But this time London is responsible for the death of Michael Jackson! Really! Since when do entire cities take responsibility for the death of one person?

I got to school on Monday expecting my class to be in blissful ignorance but no. They ALL knew who he was! They were all astounded that he was dead. One of them told me one of MJ's songs is "scary." (He was referring to 'Thriller.') I said to them solemnly "Yes everybody, Michael Jackson has died and now he will go to Heaven."

"No he won't!" said one bright boy. "Right now he's in the body room, and then he'll be in the one of those boxes in the ground... and THEN he'll be in Heaven."

No comments: