21 June 2009

The Flusher

After, you know, the toilet locking episode... there was another incident.

The child who had a fascination with the toilet last time, he got a hold of the playdough. It was red this week. A big round ball of lovely red playdough.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed the playdough and it was all wet. Dripping.

Dripping?

A crowd of children came to tell me what was going on. "Miss Lexonline! He put the playdough.... in the toilet!"

But the part that made me laugh (but of course I had to keep a straight face since this was a Very Naughty thing to do) was when the story grew and the drama intensified. Five minutes later they were all sitting on the carpet, telling each other how the child had put the playdough in the toilet. And someone put their hand up.

"Miss Lexonline, he put the playdough in the toilet," the little girl's eyes widened and her voice was all drama "and he FLUSHED!"

Of course he didn't flush. But it was a great touch to add to the story.
It was all Very Naughty and This Must Never Happen Again.
And then it was over and they all went home and I had a good laugh.

No comments: