23 May 2009

How to Coddle an Egg

A few months ago in the depths of winter, I was sitting in a cafe with Ken and Karina talking about how being in London had changed us. We noticed England had made us feel drawn to history, old things, rituals and tradition. So, months later, Ken and Karina presented me with a perfect UK souvenir as a birthday gift.

Egg Coddler

It is an egg coddler. The basic concept is, a boiled egg without any shell.

Egg Inside Egg Coddler

You crack the egg into the coddler, screw on the lid and put it in boiling water for about 10 minutes.

Coddled Egg on Toast

Voila! Eggs on toast. Perfect to go with a pot of tea.

1 comment:

Chookooloonks said...

Good Lord, how I want one -- my English husband and I would love this. Off to come the web now ...

.. thanks for sharing!

K.