29 May 2009

Dim Sum Daily

Dim Sum Daily
Chinatown, London

I took this photo tonight on the way home from a little restaurant called the Cork and Bottle, it is inside a cellar near Leicester Square and it is in fact a wine bar run by some kiwis.

That is why you can get pavlova for dessert.

We met my uncle there and discussed the future without books and how people these days have more of everything: possessions, books, access to information, television channels...

I love way Soho feels at night: all busy and exciting full of rushing black cabs and those silly rickshaws. I have other photos to show you exactly what I mean, because I have been thinking about London and the bits and pieces that I love and about maybe recording and sharing my ideas about it.

Chetna says that maybe twitter and facebook give depth to people's conversations because you already know all about how people have been lately so when you see them in person you talk to them immediately at a different level, you don't ask "so how have you been" you skip that and begin with the interesting questions.

Maybe that's why I continue writing this blog: so when I see you I don't have to answer "so how was London and what have you been doing for the past two years" you already kind of know... and we can pick up the conversation at a different point.

I will show you some more photos of Soho tomorrow.

No comments: