28 May 2008

Cupcake Royalty

I had last week off because it was half term holidays. If you are not a teacher, you might think we are the laziest people on earth with ridiculous numbers of holidays. If you are a teacher, well, I just know you understand.

Cupcake from Hummingbird Bakery Holland Park
Holland Park Holland Park

I didn't go outside of England this holiday because I'm saving money for um, another holiday. So it was hard to know what to do with myself in order to conserve funds but not go insane because of course it rained the whole week and I was indoors watching the washing dry.

To escape the quietly steaming washing, I went to Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road just to get a cupcake. It was cookies & cream flavour icing, with chocolate cake underneath. It was decadently, ridiculously sweet with enough icing for like, three cupcakes on it. Maybe there was more icing than cupcake.

Holland Park is not far from Portobello Road. It is the second poshest park I've ever been to. It has a Japanese garden, the ruins of a very fancy house and lots of Keep Off The Grass signs, and we all know what fancy grass means. Oh, and also it has a statue of Lord Holland sitting in his favourite chair. Says a lot about the guy. "I'm so comfortable with myself that I'll put a statue of myself up, sitting in my favourite arm chair." Me, I'd choose something more glamourous. Maybe commission Dali to do a statue of me, crossed with a giraffe. Or a cupcake.

No comments: