22 February 2008

Day 2: Inside Casa Batllo - House Inspired by the Sea

Inside Casa Batllo Light, Casa Batllo, Barcelona

There was a cheesy voiceover on the audio tour, suggesting that now we had walked around inside Casa Batllo, we would never look at things the same way again. "Ha!" Lauch and I laughed. "As if our lives have been changed forever!"
I didn't admit it at the time, but secretly I think my point of view has been changed. Doorways that aren't square, but round? Painting the walls to look like cracked desert? Using cement to create flow and drips and ripples on the walls and ceilings? I honestly have never thought of these things and cannot believe Gaudi thought them more than 100 years ago.

Here are a couple of my photos of Casa Batllo and the Sagrada Familia. And here are a few more - because my photos hardly do it justice.

No comments: