30 November 2007

Moon Rocks

It has been one of those weeks where everything seems like the end of the world even though really it isn't. Just that the voice inside my head is very loud, loud enough to drown out all sense of reason. "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" it howls.

There were two things today that almost made that little voice be quiet.

A child came up to me holding a little rock that he'd found in the playground.
"I found this rock!" he said holding it as if it was magical. "Do you think it comes from the moon?"

Heh, no! But it made me laugh anyway.

Mysterious Vegetable
The Mysterious Vegetable

Our organic vegies came. Inside the box are the usual seasonal vegies, all the identifiable ones like potatoes, bananas, mushrooms, mandarins, little crab apples. Oh, and these brown knobbly things that look like little potatoes but.... aren't. What are they?! I don't know. They're cute though.

The sky isn't falling.
Unless you count the moon rocks in the playground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lex - the nobblies MIGHT be artichokes though not sure. Mum mistakenly bought artichokes once instead of ginger because it was all nobbly. On the othr hand maybe they are just lunar potatoes!!! Whatever, they all look delicious. Perhaps the child in the playground needs to be introduced to blue cheese - that's what comes from the moon....I know because my father taught me that one. Hope the rest of the week goes well and your holiday ahead sounds magical. Jill

Bb said...

They do look a little like Jerusalem artichokes

I've never had them though!

S'mee said...

this post makes me happy inside! thanks!