15 October 2007

The Queen is Not In Today

Windsor Castle + Tourists
Windsor Castle and Tourists

Lauch and I took the tube and two trains to Windsor today. But when we got there we saw that the Queen was not at home. Not at home! We decided to leave the castle to the fifty busloads of tourists and have a look around instead.

The Long Walk, Windsor
The Long Walk, Windsor

We walked from the gates of Windsor Castle towards the end of the Long Walk. It's one of those very neat garden paths with neat rows of trees on either side. It was such a long walk we couldn't see what was at the end. Maybe it was a statue. We walked for about 500 metres and somehow couldn't quite get motivated to get to the end. In fact, the millions of small children on bikes with training wheels probably got further than we did.

L and I in the Leaves, Windsor
Lauch and Me

We were distracted by all the autumn leaves.

View Along the Thames, Windsor
View Along the Thames

Along the river bank there were children feeding bread to big white swans. In the shops there were tiny toy soldiers and antique jewels and gelato, lots of gelato. Notice the ferris wheel, for sky-high views of the castle. I wonder what the Queen thinks about that. I'm not sure that I'd want a ferris wheel near my castle. But I'd have a Long Walk and a town like Windsor for sure.

1 comment:

Bb said...

I love the colours in these pics!