23 August 2007

The Crown and Greyhound
The Crown and Greyhound Pub, South East of London.

This pub is more than 100 years old. And I love it not because of its beautiful amazing old furniture or its excellent food. Not even because of the huge windows that the sun streams through. But for a more canine reason.

My aunt says that if a pub has the word hound or another doggy word in its name, you can take your dog inside. We took Ruby the black retriever in for dinner (well, the humans had dinner) and she sat ever so quietly under the table. It cracks me up. There was a DOG under the TABLE!

Ruby at the Pub

Ruby looks kind of baleful in this photo but truly her normal expression is the doggy joyous tongue-sticking-out smiling type.

I love that every man and his dog can come for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lex,
I love reading about your travels. Just found out today that at the end of the school year my contract can not be renewed! Whats the UK like to teach in and what company did you go through? Could you please email me any info? Cheers,
Josie

Anonymous said...

Just discovered you are back blogging which is great.....had looked at flickr but this is better with commentary!!!!Is Ruby your Aunt's dog? A bit reminiscent of Patrick but with a longer snout. Glad to be seeing your pictures again.