13 May 2007

Patches of Ordinary

The thing I like about living somewhere and travelling, is that in between the travelling you have time to relax and have a little bit of mundane time. I've spent the past week having a patch of ordinary.

It rained most days. Rained so much that when I walked to the bus stop sheets of water sprayed up at me from the wheels of cars. I haven't been cold though, snuggled up in layers of woolly jumpers, coat and umbrella.

These were the highlights of my week:

* Two year five girls sidling up to me at lunch time.
"Miss Lexonline, what will you be doing next year?"
"I'm not sure, why do you ask?"
"Well, I was just thinking that maybe you could be our teacher."
Wouldn't it be interesting if teachers were hired by invitations from the students?

* Trudging through the puddles to pick up a parcel from the post office. Opening the parcel to discover that four of my friends have got together to make me a birthday parcel. Thank you SO much for that!

* Going for a jog around the biggest park I've ever seen (maybe I'll take a photo for you when it stops raining) with my flatmates. Making it one lap around the park - I told you it's BIG - and being unable to keep up with my flatmates. When I'm 30 I want to be as fit as they are.


Spectators at the London Marathon - literally thousands of people


Runners - Can you see me here next year?

Actually, when I went to see the London Marathon last month I thought for about a day that I would go in it next year. My uncle went in it a few years ago. Yes, I was pretty sure I wanted to get really super fit and run something like 42km. Until I found out that a 21-year-old guy who had done it had died. Maybe being able to do two laps of the park will be enough for me!

3 comments:

Toni M Photography said...

Hey ~ Glad you it made your day. I do hope it was all to your liking.

~ Yes it would be interesting if teacher were hired by invitations. We'd be hired 100 times over I reckon.

~ Sorry about the rain. If it makes you feel any better. The temparature is dropping like crazy and lately there has been loads of fog until well after 3pm. Damn, I miss the sun.

Hope you are well, will write soon. It's been a little crazy here for me.

Big hugs,
Love Toni

Anonymous said...

Hey lex,
Hmm invitations by studetns, would there be someway that we can only choose the students we really want too???

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie & Toni,
An interesting idea about the teachers choosing the students!
I'm working on ignoring the weather here at the moment. Nothing more to say about that.
Lex :)